Thursday, February 23, 2006

Proof that you CAN teach success!


Jim Hylton has spent 30+ years of his life as a teacher. That is until July 2004 when he decided to start a second career in real estate. Through his industry research he found that most people today are searching the Internet to buy or sell their home.

When a friend told him about how HouseValues and JustListed provide online seller and buyer leads, he became a subscriber. He has already closed 15-20 transactions and earned $60,000-$70,000 in gross commissions through this system.

After he attended a class to learn how to incorporate his client base into the Market Leader system, he knew this system was really working! Jim recalls, “The agents who went about getting clients the traditional way had an average of a dozen names in their database. In comparison, my average was 150 active prospects all generated from online leads through HouseValues and JustListed.”

Jim is now marketing his business online with his own Web site on HomePages.com. “All my listing presentations are done on my laptop. I walk the home seller through my site where they can view their listed home and specifics about their property. I show them how buyers search for homes and learn more about nearby commercial spots.”

The tools provided through HouseValues and JustListed combined with his own Web site further enhance his exposure with buyers and sellers. “It takes time for my clients to buy or sell a home, but they often choose me because my name remains in front of them on a consistent basis.”

Read more of Jim's story here.